Recipe - Taco Soup

Posted By:  Stephanie


I love Taco Soup, or is it Chili?  I'm not really even sure what to call it, or what the definition on chili really is so lets just go with, I love this recipe!

1 large onion, chopped
1 can Pinto Beans
1 can Chili Beans
1 can Whole Kernel Corn
1 can Diced Tomatoes - any flavor, I prefer Italian Seasoned
1 can Mexican Style Tomatoes - I used Tex Mex Style Tomatoes
1 package Taco Seasoning
1 package Ranch Dressing Mix
1 lb meat of your choice - I threw in 3 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts

Put in the crock pot (do not drain cans) for about 7-8 hours on low heat.  If you use chicken breasts like I did, pull them out when the food is cooked and put them in a bowl.  Using forks shred the chicken which will be very easy to do.  Put it back into the crock pot and mix the meat in.

When serving this it is really good with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips!  YUMMY!

Although this recipe is extremely quick and easy I like to make it even easier by putting all the ingredients in a large zip lock bag and freezing it.  That way I can put the bag in the refrigerator the day before so that I'm able to break it up in the morning and get it into the crock pot and not have to mess with the cans, chopping and all that good stuff.  Most likely it will still be mostly frozen if you took it out of the freezer the evening before.  Just a little tip so that you don't end up with a big mess, use a pitcher to put the bag in before adding your ingredients, that way you wont have a spill accident which is easy to do with all the liquids.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...